Thursday 24 March 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Life is about to change.

Baby Badger has always been happiest on her feet. From the age of about four months, if tears began they could be averted for a good ten minutes by simply putting her on her feet with some support under the arms, and she'd look beamingly happy; so proud of herself. That hasn't changed.

I've been wondering when she'd start to crawl. She hates tummy time, with a maximum tolerance of about two minutes (with 15 seconds being the average). Part of me has been willing her to figure it out so that she's less frustrated (and, I admit, because I spend most of my day picking her up and moving her between places). The other part of me has been relieved that I can put her down somewhere and know she's not going to be getting the bleach out from under the sink if I look away.

It's all changed. No - she's still not crawling, and not looking as though she's going to any time soon. She's worked out how to get onto her feet all on her own and cruise the furniture. Oh boy!

I'm off to baby proof every edge, corner and cupboard (whilst whistling that fine R.E.M. tune)...

Image: TCJ2020 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some bloggy love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...