Thursday 28 April 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful: sleep, splashes and family time

I thought it was about time I joined in with Michelle's Reasons to be Cheerful blog hop, especially considering what a lovely week we've had.

Father Badger has been off work since last Thursday, taking advantage (as millions of other people have) of the extra bank holiday to get lots of time off work for minimal annual leave. A full seventeen days as a family! It really has been lovely to spend so much time together, even if a lot of it has been spent catching up with jobs around the house. We've had a day out in Bath shopping, we've spent hours doubled over holding Baby Badger's hands while she walks around, we've spent time with family and gone on walks. I really don't want it to end after the bank holiday.

Today we went swimming, all three of us. It's the first time we've taken Baby Badger to a swimming pool. I know this is rather late in the day at almost eleven months old, but for months she hated baths and my reasoning was that if I couldn't keep her in a bath for more than thirty seconds without screaming, attempting a swimming pool was not going to be a winner. She loved it! Our local pool has a beach effect where it starts incredibly shallow and gradually gets to a depth for swimming. We spent the first ten minutes or so sitting in the shallows while she splashed and gradually went deeper. She was pretty happy being pulled forward on her tummy with my hands under her arms, not at all keen on going onto her back, however she was supported, and forgave me for dunking her under four times!

I decided a little while ago that I would like her to be in her own room by the time I go back to work in June. She'll be a year old and doesn't seem to need night feeds any more, and I think we'll all sleep better - we won't need to tiptoe, we won't wake her up turning over in bed, and I'll probably sleep better too. Last night we had her in her big girl room for the first time. How did it go? She slept soundly from 11 until our alarm went off at 7am. Hooray! I wonder if she'll do it again tonight...?


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy with a Heart


5 comments:

  1. I really must take my two little ones swimming x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going swimming with my little grandaughter. she is only five but can do half a length of the big pool both doggy paddle and back crawl. i am so proud of her. I love swimming myself and am glad she will grow up to do the same. Hope you keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased baby badger enjoyed here swimming, it's such a great activity tondonas a family. Enjoy all your time off together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, long may all that sleep last! I found it was a great step when I moved the babes in their own rooms.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, glad Baby B enjoyed the swimming!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some bloggy love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...